Posted on 29 October, 2022
⏳ Employment Type
$111K - $161K
Come work on the cutting edge of on-board satellite / space vehicle software!
Our team will be working on guidance, navigation, and control (GNC) software that pushes the limits of interplanetary exploration, for earth observation, and space robotics.
Large, enthusiastic and growing engineering team looking for embedded C++ engineers – background in Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) software is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have an advanced understanding of embedded engineering with a strong preference to space or other GNC experience. This candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new cutting edge technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment.
• Has prior hands-on experience with enterprise software development, pipeline and devops (e.g., Gitlab, Jira, etc), integration and implementation
• Leads product definition and prioritization by working with stakeholders, developers, and internal/external customers
• Understands orbital mechanics, coordinate transformation, and direction cosine matrix.
• Has experience with GNC fault detection, isolation, and recovery (FDIR)
• Has advanced experience with embedded C++
• Has ability to read flows, understand control laws
• Is experienced with test automation
• Engages with other team members to instill agile values, principles and practices
• Has strong team communication and leadership potential.
• Bachelors’ and 8+ years of experience or Masters’ and 6+ years of experience
• Agile/Scrum experience
• Past experience as a software engineer with embedded C++
• GNC: ability to read flows, understand control laws,
• Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS)
• Experience with Linux and Linux VMs
• Test automation, CI/CD, DevOps
• Facilitation skills: Ability to facilitate meetings and requirements definition and be a liaison between the agile team and the train, developers and other stakeholders
• Analytical skills: Detail oriented with ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, resolve conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish customer needs from presented user requests, and develop solutions that meet customer requirements.
• Organizational skills: Ability to work with the information gathered during requirements analysis and to exercise flexibility with changing business priorities
• Interpersonal skills: Must be able to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among representatives from various business and development teams
• Team skills: Works well with others; delivers positive energy to their team
• Time Management skills: Ability to work in a fast paced team environment and consistently meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision
• US Citizenship
• Comply with Covid-19 vaccination requirements.
Nice to have skills / background includes:
• DoD or NASA background
• CMMI Level 3 knowledge
• Nasa Core Flight Software (cFS) experience
• Experience with orbital mechanics, coordinates and direction cosines
• Ability to convert matlab code to C++
• Experience with Advanced RISC Machine (ARM)
• Experience with Xilinx MPSoC
• Experience with Git
• Experience with teleworking tools such as Slack, Teams, Zoom