This role will collaborate with Engineering Leadership, Product, and Design to refine and develop functional and delightful best-of-class software products. This role will be able to follow best engineering practices and help guide development standards as well as provide mentorship to more junior developers.
Strong attention to detail with a focus on writing high-quality, testable code is important for this role. This role will also be able to independently drive feature/service design decisions, is comfortable debugging the root cause, and has experience with monitoring and observability.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- 2+ years of professional development experience building browser-based applications using frontend frameworks
- Experience with responsive development
- Experience with relational or NoSQL databases
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with serverless applications
- Experience writing automated tests
**Why join us at Branch? **
We don’t just get our member’s backs. When you’re a Brancher, we’ve got yours, too — starting with benefits that let you live and work to your fullest.
- Above-market salary — Branch is a data-driven company. So we do the math on salaries, too. If you get an offer from Branch, you can expect compensation that hits above the mark.
- Pay equity and transparency — Our pay isn’t just above market, it’s equitable. We let experience and performance drive your success, never your gender, race, orientation, or beliefs.
- Remote-first (with perks) — Work from where you’re most comfortable and expense your WFH set up and monthly internet. We’ve also got a Columbus HQ and Chicago hub if you like working in an office.
- Unlimited “YouTime” — We don’t just let you control your own time off. We actually encourage you to use it. After your first year at Branch, we’ll even cover up to $1,000 towards your next vacation.
- Employee stock options — You’re not just a worker. All full-time employees are part-owners with your own stock options, so you’re personally invested in the company’s growth.
- Medical, Vision, Dental — Get all the coverage you need for a healthy, happy life. We’ll also contribute $150/month to a Health Savings Account (HSA), administered by Branch.
- 401k and contribution matching — Set yourself up for your future retirement. Branch helps you get there on time with a portion of your contributions matched each month.